Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to Make a Cuban Latte or Cafe Con Leche

Pardon the punctuation...being the child of Cuban parents pretty much means that I've been smelling the sweet aroma of espresso since I was in the womb. Some of the fondest memories from my childhood can be conjured up from the slightest hint of Cafe La Llave. That being said, living away from my home town of Miami is sometimes hard on the soul. One thing that can bring me back home no matter how far away I am is a good old fashioned Cafe con leche or Cortadito.  Here's a little secret, evaporated milk is the key to having the authentic  cafe con leche that any Cuban grandmother would make. You don't need a fancy schmancy professional barista machine to make one at home. All you is:
  1. Stove Top Espresso Maker
  2. Evaporated Milk
  3. Cuban Coffee
  4. Sugar
  5. If you want to get fancy a basic Milk Frother
The next step is making your perfect Cuban Coffee. Hope you enjoyed that little video. Last but not least lets crack open that can of evaporated milk. Grab your basic saucepan and put it on the stove at low heat. Then pour how ever much evaporated milk you want into the saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Using your milk frother, froth the hell out if it and enjoy! If you have any questions feel free to email, tweet or facebook message me.

TheYumYumFoodie@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment