Friday, May 18, 2012

Austin Cafe Josie

Porcini Cannellini Bean Soup

 Pardon the punctuation: Night one in Austin and I hit up Cafe Josie.  This was my only night in town where I could have an Austin experience in 'Fine Dining." Started with the soup special which was a Porcini Cannellini Bean soup with a Blue Crab Caesar Crostini. This soup is officially yumyummed. I've never had a soup with such a smokey rich taste and that crostini was the perfect compliment. Two other must haves for starters are the Brussel Sprouts and the Crispy Gulf Oysters. Both were rockin.  Main course was the Beef Tenderloin with garlic grill butter, eclipse, manchego frites, and chipotle aioli. That piece of meat was riddled with the flavor of the mesquite grill. Cooked to the perfection of medium rare and so tender you could eat it with a butter knife. Yum Yum Yummed. For dessert my server recommended a Venezuelan Chocolate Truffle with praline pecan sauce and a chocolate ganache. It was like a brick of rich delicious chocolate. If you're not a fan of rich desserts avoid this like the plague. If you're like me and chocolate is like crack to you, then order this with a smile on your face knowing that you will be in chocolate bliss in just a few minutes. That truffle was so good that I dug into it before I remembered to take a picture of it. If you have an questions feel free to contact me
TheYumYumFoodie@gmail.com
@TheYumYumFoodie
http://www.facebook.com/TheYumYumFoodie
Beef Tenderloin

No comments:

Post a Comment