Sunday, May 6, 2012

The "Big Easy" and my first night in the French Quarter

Sunday night and a few blocks from the french quarter. Where do I go? Through a recommendation from a dear friend I walk my butt over to Stella restaurant and of course they are completely booked. Of course I did the smart thing and make a reservation there for later this week. Stellaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! If only Tennessee Williams could here me now. Like any hungry foodie, I wandered around the french quarter and looked for the restaurant that seemed to have the most clients. This led to me stumbling into "Cafe Pontalba". A Cajun restaurant slash dive bar. My severe hunger pushed me in the direction of a rum concoction called "Voodoo Juice" and a "Cajun Combo" platter that came with gumbo, red beans 'n rice, and some yummy jambalaya. I know this pictures doesn't look appealing but it was delicious. Specially the red beans 'n rice. Just the right amount of heat to keep me happy.  Going to bed early so i can hit up "Cafe du Monde" first thing in the morning. Can't wait!

1 comment: